Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-year experience in mechanical assembly, AWS certification (American Welding Society) for welding of carbon steel using GMAW process position 3G, Vertical up and 4F overhead.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of torch and plasma equipment.
- Working knowledge of GTAW Welding
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability needed.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Normally receives basic instructions on routine tasks and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Follows standard practices and procedures where answers can be readily obtained.
- Apply workmanship standards and understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Able to perform basic tasks independently, limited supervision and in a group setting.
- Able to work as a team member in group situations.
- Fully understand manufacturing drawings, able to verify dimensions.
- Understand tolerance systems.
- Complete shop order documentation and time sheets.
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship
- Expected to contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- General mechanical background.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
- Ability to use hand tools and welding tools safely.
- Able to work with limited supervision and follow instructions.
- May be requested or needed to work overtime, weekends and different shifts as business needs dictate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- General day to day direction from Group Leads.
- Direction from immediate supervisor and others in the group when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly needed to stand.
- The employee frequently is needed to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally needed to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb, crawl in tight spaces or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities needed by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- To wear a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), and any other needed personal protective equipment.
Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.