Acara Solutions is Seeking a Toy Product Test Analyst for our Client in Amherst, NY Immediately
$17.00 an Hour Monday Through Friday
40 Hours a Week
Call me at 716-803-0174 To be considered!!
This position is responsible for reviewing the accuracy of data and serving as a technical liaison with clients. Responsibilities include reading and interpreting standards and regulations, reviewing test reports and data, conducting technical training, quoting projects, project management and working with clients to resolve technical problems.
Provide proactive technical assistance to clients by identifying and resolving product issues, along with providing timely and accurate test results and information to both internal and external clients that meet or exceed their expectations.
Ø Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Offer problem resolution, as applicable, for any client issues or questions with the aim of enhancing client satisfaction and improving client relations.
- Understand and interpret standards for appropriate test methods.
- Reviews contract requirements prior to testing in order to assure adherence to client requirements, and coordinates testing between labs.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, providing direction to techs.
- Prepare a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications, providing direction to techs as required.
- Conducts testing on a variety of consumer products samples using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, providing direction to techs.
- Follows the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Quality Manual and Safety / Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Accurately record test data.
- Evaluate test results data, providing direction to techs and clients.
- Perform final review and interpret data / reports. Perform critical error review.
- Train employees on sample preparation method and test methods.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, providing direction, as required.
- Prepares and reviews written technical reports and invoices.
- Perform final review and interpret data / reports, providing direction, as required.
- Organizes and monitors workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Assist in the coordination of technical & administrative aspects of various departmental projects, providing direction to techs.
- Prepares verbal and written communication to internal and external clients, regarding administrative and technical issues, with direction.
- Interface with staff members internally and at other locations on interpretations in order to ensure global consistency with direction from senior staff.
- Write, train, implement and update lab procedures, test protocols, and technical procedures.
- Operate, and maintain testing equipment, maintain supplies, lab cleanliness and analytical instrumentation, as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current regulations / industry standards and products to be tested.
- Assists in developing materials for and conducting client visits and educational tours.
- Prepares quotes with client services, assisting with identifying appropriate standards / protocols for testing, providing direction.
- Adhere to the requirements of the BV-CPS Quality System.
- Provide technical support to Technicians / External Clients.
- Provide technical training to internal staff.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
Ø Key Performance Indicators & Metrics (Criteria for Performance Evaluation)
KPI’s for this role will be determined as part of the annual PMP process, but could include:
- TAT / TET – test reports
- TAT / TET – quotations
- Report quality yield (revision %)