Seeking a Senior Software Developer for a fast growing startup in Buffalo, NY.
In this position you will be collaborating on developing cutting edge software products within a team of like-minded software engineers, data scientists, and disciplined utility experts. If you join the team, expect to work with what you love best - the latest Java development frameworks, machine learning packages, relational and non-relational database management systems, cloud infrastructure, and all within a well-established Continuous Delivery and Agile Development process.
The ideal candidate will have experience programming in Java and Python, knowledgeable of software design patterns and scalable data structures, able to evaluate database design and author performance queries for data processing needs, able to breakdown complex software tasks into manageable user and technical stories, ensure quality test coverage, review peer code and provide recommendations, and keep up to speed on the latest distributed systems containerization, and micro-service technology trends.
The ability to simplify complex software requirements to understandable and well communicated designs and development tasks is highly desired. The ideal candidate has a BS or MS in a Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study. Work experience should consist of a proven track record of efficiently designing, developing, and releasing software product both independently and collaboratively over a 5+ year period. Exceptional educational or industry experience can offset any particular requirement. A broad background in the utility/power/energy sector is a plus!
• B.S. or M.S. in a software related field of study
• 5+ years of software development in Java (8/11)
• Experience with SQL and relational database design and implementation
• Hands-on experience with Apache Spark, Cassandra, data partitioning
• Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns and creating microservices in a containerized environment (Spring Core, Boot, and Docker)
• Python programming experience
• Working with GIT,AWS, Jenkins, CICD and knowledge of Kubernetes
• Product-oriented mindset and experience
• You have a creative mind, keen ability, and the initiative to think “beyond