Acara Solutions is seeking an experienced HR Generalist for our client in Escanaba, MI. This is a direct hire role with a highly competitive salary (DOE) and growth opportunities!
The Senior HR Generalist role is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. The person is this role would eventually move into an HR Manager role whenever that position becomes available.
· Consult with Mill Leadership to provide recommendations for improving effectiveness of HR policies and practices
· Provide leadership coaching and training for managers, shift team leaders and key mill leaders
· Labor Relations resource for the Mill
· Promote and facilitate changes to hourly work environments to increase employee engagement and ability to contribute
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws (employment and labor laws)
· Lead salary recruiting and retention for areas of responsibility
· Develop compensation packages for salary new hires, transfers, and promotions
· Lead and/or participate in hourly production and craft hiring process
· Employee benefits, compensation, organizational planning, training and development
· Determine employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive working relationship
· Assist in leading training efforts across the mill
· Assist HR Manager as needed
· Make critical decisions and manage conflict