Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with supporting opto-mechanical assembly operations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and skill in trouble-shooting control system and networking issues (Hardware and Software).
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office.
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Performs job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting data
- Interacts with design engineering in coordination with the release of new products and to provide guidance regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Conducts cost justification for tools machinery and equipment; prepares tooling cost and labor estimates.
- Makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines
- Creates detailed Capital Expenditure Request requesting tooling and capital for new or existing product lines
- ERP (Enterprise, Resource Planning) software.
- Visual manufacturing-centric software.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Cooperation – establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general supervision.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Communication – expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; actively participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools and PLCs
- Industry standards UL and CE.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally life and move up to 25 pounds.
- The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.