Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as Senior Accounting Manager
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in 990 filing
- Minimum of 7 years' Sage 100 or other ERP experience with Report writing capabilities
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Grant experience (highly preferred)
- Big 4 experience
- Extensive knowledge in GAAP accounting principles
- Bring possible solutions to the dept and CFO on various issues by internal and external research
- Comfortable researching the issues and past filings
- Research capability in government websites to find best practices/ and research questions
- Quick learner, detail oriented, accurate, accustomed to balancing accounting entries to the penny
- Able to multi-task / prioritize work / set and meet deadlines
- Provide frequent communication upwards and downwards in the organization.
- Be transparent with workload.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.