Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Assembler-Electrical.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Responsible for operating punch, shear and brake machines in the fabrication of custom parts.
- CNC Programming.
- Knowledge: Basic shop math.
- Basic computer skills, and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools.
- Able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Reads and interprets blue prints to produce parts.
- Ability to drive forklift and any other electrical material lifting/handling equipment for loading material to the machine and unloading raw material from trucks.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
- Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs,.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, and scrapes.
- The following are behaviors essential to being successful in this job.
- Ability to promote and ensure a safe work environment; identifies, communicates, and eliminates hazards encountered during regular course of work.
- Focused on meeting or exceeding the level of excellence of products, services, and work activities–measured against pre-set standards; able to identify flaws and take corrective action.
- Willingly assists others by offering guidance, sharing knowledge, teaching skills, or directly performing a task in order to help out. Puts team objectives ahead of personal interests.
- Willingly accepts organizational changes and responds to changes with appropriate urgency and actions. Reacts to anger, frustration, and disappointment constructively (i.e. finding humor in situations; finding solutions to problems, using relaxation techniques;).
- Ability to think in three dimension; being able to mentally generate, rotate, and transform visual images.
- Ability to group different types of shapes together based on form, size, depth.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Able to work standing for the duration of the shift
- Able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.