Acara Solutions is seeking a Technical Services Specialist for our client in Calabasas, CA. This is a temporary, contract role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The QA Technical Services Specialist is responsible for providing leadership in Quality technical matters to the Bakery. This position reports to the Technical Services Manager and exercises a large amount of discretion and judgment in all activities. The technical services specialist has the independent authority and responsibility for developing, implementing, coordinating, communicating, consulting and updating programs to support the Technical Services department for the Bakery business as a whole. The Technical Services Specialist serves in an essential support and advisory subject matter expert (SME) role to the Bakery in areas such as creating, coordinating, implementing, resolving issues independently and overseeing the performance of technical specifications for all Bakery products.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Independently develop, deploy, oversee and update procedures which assure product quality throughout the bakery including ingredient and packaging specification including labeling, and manufacturing procedures
· Communicate and enforce the Bakery standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, and regulatory compliance.
· Be the technical support to the plant to proactively and independently address process improvements and customer complaint corrective actions.
· Act as the technical liaison between R&D and operations as well with customers and vendors.
· Lead new product rollout meetings with the Operations and the QA Staff to communicate new specifications and processing procedures.
· Create, modify, enhance and maintain electronic product specifications working with operations team to make the specifications user-friendlier.
· Create and revise nutritional panels and ingredient statements for new products using Genesis software and also Ezlabel and Foxjet.
· Maintain an electronic file of all-nutritional data and ingredient label for all revised product labels.
· Create electronic files for all new ingredient and packaging specifications and develops internal product specifications that meet client's format and standards
· Inputs new recipes provided by R&D into the system as to create specifications and batch sheets for operation to execute the product.
· Create, coordinate and deploy customer specification sheets.
· Leads qualification of new suppliers by contacting them, obtaining relevant documentation, independently resolving issues, and making the decision if the information supports the qualifying of the vendor.
· Creates, deploys, communicates, resolves issues and questions and maintains regulatory compliance documents for all export of product. These compliance documents are used bakery wide.
· Active member of the Bakery packaging taskforce that contributes in the development of new packaging concepts for new products
· Provide subject matter expertise support and assistance to all areas of the Bakery and Corporate such as Product Development, Research and Development, Marketing and Sales, Production Management, and Quality Assurance to resolve problems and ensure a smooth flow of development activities into the production environment.
· Work on special projects.