Acara is looking for a Production Planner II with our client in San Diego, CA.
Analyzes production requirements and release, monitors and tracks manufacturing work orders. Acts as central focal point of contact with engineering, program management and operations management regarding assigned production projects. This position typically works under general supervision and direction
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and maintains ERP requirement integrity.
- Analyzes and reviews requirements for manufactured parts.
- Releases manufactured work orders as required to Production Stores for processing.
- Expedites material shortages, both manufactured and procured parts.
- Monitors and statuses progress of projects to insure timely completion.
- Assists in preparing tracking reports on status of work flow.
- Conducts program status meetings.
- Interfaces with Production Stores to fill backlog shortages.
- Recognizes schedule problems and acts as an interdepartmental liaison to resolve problems.
- Coordinates engineering change activities with effected departments.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Planning to establish priorities for new or revised planning.
- Interfaces with Shop Floor to coordinate Manufacturing priorities.
- Monitors on time contractual delivery performance for assigned Business Unit
- Oversees the implementation of engineering changes into production.
- Develops manufacturing plans for projects/programs and keeps projects to schedule by recognizing schedule problems and delivering solutions.
- Assembles presentation data and performs monthly Operation reviews for Operation managers, Operation VP and other key personnel.