Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of the job.
- Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad Understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Demonstrate previous experience and skills that will allow the candidate to meet the essential functions and basic duties of the role
- Demonstrates ability to be able to learn multiple assembly operations within a production area
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to complete assembly of complex, small, assemblies with a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to complete assembly work with use of a microscope as required
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Applies basic math skills to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight, measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to mix, work with, and apply to small parts different types of bonds, adhesives, and epoxies (RTV, 2216, epoxy, etc.)
- Applies a general working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work; works well with others
- Performs job duties in a manner that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Consistently at work and on-time
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and twist; utilize fine dexterity in hands to assemble small parts; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision Requirements, Candidate must have adequate vision/eyesight to see and work with small components and assemblies.
- Work Environment, The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the job personal protective equipment (PPE) is required.
- It can include but not limited to, eye protection, gloves, and protective smocks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an open environment that interacts with a large variety of employees and functions.
- Employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- Must be able to be in contact with sealants and solvents.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Business Unit titles falling under Assembler II include: Mechanical Assembler II
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.