SATCOM Modem Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Experience in the operation, setup and configuration of satellite networks from both hub and remotes sides including routing and switching of TCP/IP packets.
• Validate internal and external software requirements for company’s integrated modem modules.
• Ability to analyze product failure data and manufacturing test trends, troubleshoot yield issues and recommend product / testing improvements.
• Write and execute acceptance test procedures and first article test, including the transfer of engineering documentation, setup and operation to production ready procedures and standards.
• Experience in the design and setup of test fixtures to support company’s modem integration and SATCOM communication systems.
• Customer Support of technical inquires, including over the phone and on-site troubleshooting and resolution.
• Execute, train and demonstrate company’s SATCOM terminals in live networks for business development, engineering, operations and customer demonstrations, when required.
• Ability to operate and or learn to use RF test instruments including digital voltmeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power meter, signal generator etc.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related Math / Science degree, Graduate technical degrees are desired but not required.
• A minimum of five years of software / hardware test and validation of SATCOM terminals / modem / hub / satellite networks (TDMA, FDMA, SCPC, DVB-S2). Work experience in radio frequency test and measurement is also desired.
If you are interested in this SATCOM Modem Engineer job in St Petersburg, FL then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Acara Solutions go to www.acarasolutions.com. If you have questions about the please contact Robert Schemel at 763-560-8023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled