Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the specialized or technical knowledge, skills and related experiences. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Willingness to work all shifts and be on call 24 hours.
• Complete knowledge of conveyor systems and operations which include mechanical, electrical and motor control logic.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and the public.
• Able to effectively use relevant material handling equipment.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards of the trade and necessary safety precautions.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines. Knowledge/Skill/Ability Must have Preferred Educational level: HS Diploma and Certificate of Qualification Certificate of Qualification, College or equivalent diploma Specialties/Major Subjects: Electrical/Mechanical, Maintenance, Operations Type of work experience: Warehouse/Manufacturing Years of experience in the industry:
• 3-5 years in related fields and Maintenance
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience is required as a multi-craft technician Other related experiences: MHE/scissor lift certification MHE/scissor lift certification Additional skills: Customer focus, Computer literacy, hands on within a Logistics Centre Special Training Required: Mechanical, electrical, motor logic, conveyor systems, facility, AC - MHE Certification is an asset The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Job Dimensions: On what areas does the job have direct or indirect measurable impact? Indicate any quantifiable data such as number of people supervised and/or annual operating budget.
• LC is 100% operational at all times
• All tools and equipment are in good working order at all times Working Conditions: Please check the appropriate box for Frequency Occasional Moderate Considerable Continuous Sitting and/or standing in the same location X Standing and/or walking in the same location X Lifting or handling material of moderate weight X Concentrated attention to multiple tasks X Located in a comfortable indoor area X Exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise and fumes X Exposed to pressure from deadlines X Work is repetitious or unchanging X. Electrical and PLC experience would be preferred