Required Skills / Qualifications:
Five (5) years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: community planning, intergovernmental relations, legislative affairs, drainage improvements planning or design, flood damage reduction projects, sustainable infrastructure, or equity planning.
Three (3) years of relevant experience as noted above, if applicant has a master"s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, public policy, landscape architecture, or related field.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Knowledge of policies and best practices pertaining to urban planning, resilience, and flood risk reduction.
* Understanding of the federal, state, and local legal frameworks related to urban planning and community development.
* Understanding of the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the roles they play in resilience planning.
* Ability to analyze and interpret research findings and conclusions.
* Ability to collaborate with, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, coworkers, county officials, other government entities, staff of elected officials, members of the public, and other stakeholders.
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing and negotiate with technical staff, consultants, contractors, governmental agencies, and citizens.
* Exceptional ability to gather, analyze, synthesize, and present data and factual materials in executive-level reports, either individually, as a team member, or project lead in an area of personal expertise with minimum supervision.
* Ability to develop a working knowledge of the shared IRT project portfolio.
* Proficiency in the assessment and prioritization of multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
* Ability to work in a team environment, taking lead or direction as needed and maintaining open lines of communication for constructive feedback.
* Effective use of Microsoft Office programs, including Word/Excel/Powerpoint and similar software.
* A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and a good driving record.
* Must provide and maintain proof of automobile liability insurance upon employment.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.