Reporting to the Production Manager this position interprets the Manufacturing Information documents in order to mechanically assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts or modify basic components, subassemblies and structures using hand and power tools for the site product lines to help meet specific objectives in our production environment.
• Use various tools to install and assemble interiors, breakers and assist with the packaging of panel boards and kits.
• Assisting with the operation of machinery, constructing and assembling cells for production.
• Assisting Assemblers with the switchboard assembly process, wiring sub-assemblies, labeling and maintaining Kanban.
• Support material handling at site.
• Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
• Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
• Input data of parts received into Oracle database to record receipt of material.
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.