Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Associate"s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace or Materials Technology
- Minimum of 2 years" experience in Engineering Technician
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with cryo pumps, cryo compressors, turbo pumps, roughing pumps, pneumatic gate valves, cryogenic systems, liquid Nitrogen delivery systems, Helium leak checking, and VCR connections.
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical repairs and preventative maintenance of vacuum chambers.
- Experience with PC and Microsoft Product operations
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures and clearly document test data and events through written logs and spreadsheets.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Speaks clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- Current Black Stripe (SSBI with Polygraph) or ability to achieve and maintain
- Willing and able to work in a SCIF and clean room environment
- Knowledge with use and application of sensors: thermocouples, thermistors, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers.
- Experience welding thermocouples
- Experience with PLC hardware and software
- Experience with test set and data acquisition software, particularly LabVIEW and Bench Link
- Knowledge of basic network setup and maintenance
- Experience working in a clean room with ESD and contamination sensitive flight hardware
- Experience with cable mate/demate
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.