Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years" experience in developing 3D models of aerospace structures and mechanisms
- Minimum of 5 years" experience in developing space borne mechanical structures or mechanisms
- Minimum of 2 years" experience leading a team of engineers and designers through engineering process from ideation through detailed design
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Good proficiency in design and 3D modeling of solids, surfaces, and assemblies (Creo, NX, Catia, Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor)
- Good proficiency in creation of 2D engineering drawings - geometrical dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 standards
- Familiarity with structural analysis (FEA) of parts/assemblies
- Professional experience related to the design and manufacture of spaceborne hardware
- Experience in design of space-based mechanical structures, electronics packaging or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development
- Experience in leading engineering teams from conceptual through detailed design phases.
- Experience building hardware in a high reliability environment, working with technicians
- Experience interfacing with machinist and designing parts for ease of manufacturing processes
- Good familiarity with component level, sub-assembly level, and assembly level product testing.
- Proficiency with root cause corrective action (RCCA) tools (e.g. 5 why, fishbone)
- Proficiency with risk management and mitigation tools such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience serving on a Material Review Board (MRB) - evaluate and disposition non-conforming hardware.
- Development of rework and structural repair procedures.
- Capable of serving as a design lead and integrated product team lead (IPTL). Leading and supporting program design reviews (PDR, CDR).
- Familiarity with ISO 9000/AS-9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma fundamentals.
- Proficiency with fundamentals of project management (e.g. budget, schedule, technical execution, risk management).
- Good proficiency in MS project scheduling.
- Proficiency working with a product data manager (PDM) software, and familiarity with configuration management best practices.
- Training and mentoring of new hires and junior engineering staff members.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.