Acara Solutions is hiring a Process Technician for our Fremont, Ca based business partner.
Swing Shift: Monday to Friday 4:00pm to 1:00am
Pay Rate: $33/hr to $38/hr (DOE) + 10% Shift Diff.
In this role, you will:
Perform technical tests and experiments for process engineering within R&D. Performs set up of processing equipment. Monitors, audits, and provides guidance to line operators. Processes test runs and prepares records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to engineering to identify yield problems or test new products. Provides technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel.
Major roles and responsibilities.
* Performs process engineering lab activities for customer demo and/or C&F process experiments. This includes sample preparation, sample chemical treatment and running wafer flows on Clients tools.
* Performs measurement on metrology tools to collect experiment results including thin film measurement, CD measurement and SEM imaging.
* Understand process requirement and works with minimal supervision for execution of experiments. Creates process recipes from scratch and tunes process recipes for robustness. Provide suggestions for process recipe improvement
* Understands Lam tools operations, able to clear basic alarms and applies troubleshooting skills to reduce tool downtime
* Conducts statistical process control (SPC) and etch rates including measure, execution, analysis and reporting to ensure Clients chamber performance is under control and in-spec. Alert for any trend or out-of-spec issue and come up possible causes and troubleshooting actions
* Works from customer instruction to determine target pattern feature and perform first sample cleaving using microscope / top down SEM and micro-cleavers. Creates or modifies ppt instruction for others to follow
* Provides process activities and lab protocol training for new process engineers, new process technicians or field service engineers on running the lab equipment, performing sample preparation, and following all the lab protocols
* Assists others as first level of contact person on clearing alarms, lab operation and lab protocol questions
* Works with demo engineers and metrology team to develop metrology recipe
* Recommends improvement of experiment execution for quality and efficiency
* Works with lab operation team to improve lab safety, customer IP and lab protocols
* Able to work up to shifts in a clean room environment wearing PPE (bunny suit, safety glasses, masks, shields, gloves, safety footwear) if needed
* Consistently demonstrate ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities (ex., rework, overtime)
* Willing and able to install components from a working height between 12'-71' and reach into machines to perform tasks
* Operate computer interface and navigate diagnostic software
* Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
* Effectively read, write, and communicate with others in English