Acara Solutions is looking for CNC Machine Operators for our client located in Grand Prairie, TX
This position may train 4 weeks on 1st shift (7a-330p M-F), and then will move to the appropriate working shift. Shifts available:
1st (7a-330p), No Differential
2nd (3p - 1130p), +.50 Differential
3rd (11p - 7a), +.65 Differential
Entry level rates begin at 14.29 for base shift and go up to 18.02 based on experience within the Union Rate Scale. This is a temp-to-perm position at a UNION SITE, transition at or before 6 months!
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Lift work pieces to machines manually, or with hoists or cranes.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of cuts.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.