Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years" claims-related experience or provider billing/coding experience, which included significant use and application of CPT/ICD codes and standard health industry claim billing forms.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Associates degree in healthcare or medical billing or coding field
- Experience handling and interpreting medical records, EOB"s, and standard health industry claim billing forms
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology, coding, billing and claims processing obtained through work experience and/or completion of relevant claims, coding, or billing coursework.
- Understanding of third-party billing and/or claims processing.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task.
- Prioritize work.
- Ability to perform basic calculations.
- Work proficiently with Microsoft Windows, Word and have basic knowledge of Excel.
- Average manual dexterity in use of a PC, phone, sorting, filing and other office machines.
- Be detail oriented.
- Learn and follow HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
- Ability to work independently to meet predefined production and quality standards.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment to achieve business goals.
- Familiarity with basic computer usage and applications
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be to work extended hours for special business needs
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.