Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Senior Test Technician (Test Equipment)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a military electronic manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability and willingness to work several tasks at once in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to read technical documentation in the form of, but not limited to, acceptance test procedures, hardware checkout procedures and software verification procedures.
- Ability to read technical drawings in the form of electrical circuit card schematics, harness drawings, and chassis/rack layouts.
- Familiarity with military class circular connectors such as D38999 Series 1, 2 and 3.
- Ability to derive the functional characteristics and repair legacy test systems with minimal or no documentation.
- Ability to fabricate simple test harnesses for troubleshooting test equipment.
- Limited ability to crimp and/or solder connector contacts for circular connectors, dsub miniature and other common test connectors.
- Significant experience with electronic test equipment such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, AC and DC power supplies, AC and DC load banks, video test pattern generators and logic analyzers.
- Ability to diagnose circuit faults down to the component level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with heavy emphasis on Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with National Instruments Labview and Test Stand.
- Ability to diagnose physical and data layer problems with popular military/aerospace data buses such as Mil Std 1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 708, RS-232, RS-422, Firewire (1394a), Ethernet and USB.
- Ability to troubleshoot computers and computer operating systems new and legacy designs (Windows 10, Windows 7, Window XP, Windows NT, Windows 95, Microsoft DOS).
- Strong capability to fabricate, diagnose and test all manner of military style harnesses.
- Military background with experience troubleshooting military electronics or systems.
- Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence schematic design and layout experience.
- Solidworks and/or ProEngineer 3D design experience.
- Ability to analyze bus data using products such as Wireshark, Astronics Ballard Technology Copilot and Pass3200 or similar.
- Ability to analyze test systems and create documentation to support their functional description, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to simulate circuits using Linear Technology LT Spice, Texas Instruments TINA or other Berkeley SPICE based simulation programs.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.