Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as primary DBA administering Oracle databases.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Oracle OEM.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Understanding of database management with solid experience in Oracle RAC, Grid infrastructure (ASM & Clusterware), Data Guard (logical and physical standby), Oracle Enterprise Manager (good skills). SQL Server database management on VMWARE experience will be similar capacity.
- Knowledgeable in database backup/recovery, high availability, and data replication for BOTH Oracle and SQL Server.
- Ability to be on a ONCALL rotation with other team members. Need to be able to physically be at Melbourne, FL facility (not remote in) within an HOUR of getting call.
- Good performance tuning skills to be able to work with development and improve response times of database queries. Willing to learn SQL Server and assist engineering.
- Good database supporting experience towards systems and database patching and upgrade requirements adhering to security standards.
- Documentation of database processes
- Ability to plan and execute Implementations of new data related applications and systems
- Ability to review and implement new database designs based on developer requirements
- Able to complete system performance tuning and diagnostic related tasks
- System health monitoring and proactive correction of issues
- Able to work well with all disciplines on the team
- Good RedHat Linux skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- SQL Server experience in backup/recovery/refresh test/dev databases, performance tuning.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.