Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or IT Security
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as Info Security Sys Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the network security engineering field performing the specification, selection, evaluation, testing, deployment and operation of security devices including but not limited to Firewalls, Routers, Switches, IDS, WAF, VPN technologies
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or IT Security
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as Info Security Sys Engineering
- Experience in application and compliance of customer tailored NIST and FISMA controls and policies.
- Experience collecting system logs and event data and performing engineering analysis to determine system security function, performance and compliance.
- Experience developing, configuring and maintaining Linux and Windows Operating Systems (OS).
- Prior federal telecommunications and network security experience.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- CCNA or CISSP certification.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.