One of Acara Solutions Information Technology Service Providers located in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their fast-growing team!
You will design, develop, support, and maintain the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests and maintains the system. Makes updates to system related installation documentation. The Senior Systems Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors servers and associated systems.
• Oversees system performance and troubleshooting issues.
• Updates the operating system and manage utilization, network printing, local storage, and network resources.
• Manages user administration and access controls.
• Responds to service desk escalations, user problems and questions.
• Coordinates and performs additions and changes to systems, investigations, analyses, recommendations, configurations, installations and testing of new hardware and software.
• Participates in planning, design, and technical review and implementation for new infrastructure.
• Develops, maintains, and interprets information, system usage, functional specifications, and detailed design documentation and diagrams in relation to enterprise class servers.
• Plans and implements changes to systems infrastructure for compliance to corporate standards.
• Supports escalation to the service desk and systems administrators.
• Provides technical consultation, training, and support to other IT staff.
• Responsible for understanding the need to protect confidential information, protected health information and any other confidential client information, and applies information security principles when dealing with such information.
• Responsible for understanding the Clients systems availability SLAs, security and compliance processes, procedures, and reporting requirements.