My growing client in the Tampa area has an immediate need for a CNC Programmer, 1st shift! This position is temporary with the option to go full time after 1-3 months.
Pay: Up to 28/hour based on experience
Position Summary: The CNC Programming position is an off-line programmer utilizing the latest CAD and CAM software. Programmers are expected to read blue prints and formulate programs as it pertains to specific orientation of the GD&T on the print. Utilize personal knowledge of tooling to properly and efficiently machine company product. Ability to visualize setups and transfer that knowledge onto paper as instructions for the operators to set the machine accurately.
- Create accurate programs from 3-D models.
- Manage return program uploaded by machinists.
- Optimize tooling packages and tool selection.
- Work on cycle time reduction/set up time reduction.
- Utilize COS training to facility ad-hoc problem solving.
- Independently prioritize programming workload.
- Tooling, fixture, machine ad-hoc problem solving.
- Set up and run a machine as needed.
- Train the operator on complicated set ups during prove-out.
- Interface with tooling suppliers for opportunity for best in market tooling selections.
- Read and edit G and M code.