Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in electro-mechanical engineering, along with work experience in an engineering organization.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, and embedded systems.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience working in a medical device company
- Experience with Solid works or similar CAD software
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Ability to perform the basic mechanical engineering calculations needed to support equipment design, including dimensional analysis.
- Familiarity with equipment needed to perform typical performance measurements on electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience in 'black box' testing.
- Knowledge of Mat lab or similar scripted test languages, Experience with Solid works.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to report quality issues.
- Ability to suggest process improvements, especially those involving test fixturing.
- Be a quick learner with the ability understand complex products and processes.
- Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work.
- Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use basic tools and measuring equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue, and organs.
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Ability to travel several times per year to support test/design activities at the Client facilities.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.