Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of applied trades training, working with stainless alloys; use of blueprints, metrology, visual weld inspection and understanding of electrical schematics experience.
- Minimum 2 years" experience with processes and procedures of the set-ups, operations, and the various products, tools, and equipment used for one phase of manufacturing by the Transitions department at client.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Able to use close tolerance measuring devices (calipers, gauges, micrometers.) and be able to perform measurement conversions, read, write, understand, and follow verbal or written instructions.
- The ability to complete forklift, crane operator and LPI certifications.
- Computer knowledge.
- Requires the use of significant judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in order to work independently toward meeting objectives for involved and complex jobs as well as have the ability to devise methods and procedures to meet unusual conditions and assist in solving complex problems on a multitude of processes.
- Sets up equipment/parts to be machined, whereby incorrect set ups and adjustments for the machining process could result in damage to specific parts or complete damage to equipment.
- Equipment used: as stated above, various cutting tools; electronic and other precision measuring instruments; various hand tools; computers and various software including data collection systems.
- Due to the high costs of these manufactured products, errors in set-ups and machining operations could result in partial damage of products, which could result in lost time and customer goodwill.
- Errors, should they occur, would result in minor lost time and cost to the company.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Care should be taken when operating the forklift, cranes or providing visual assist to lifting equipment operators Inattention, or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties could result in serious lost-time injury to self or others.
- Abides by all company policies regarding safety and health rules and regulations.
- Work is performed in a plant/production environment where noise, dirt, oil, and grease solvents are present, but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration, lasers, chemicals, odors and fumes.
- General mental and visual attention is necessary when performing complex process operations in order to hold the close tolerances per drawing specifications.
- Normal or corrected vision, hearing, and the ability to smell in order to be aware of proper operation of machinery and to detect any potential safety hazards.
- When performing the duties of this position, employee must be able to bend and stoop at the waist; crouch, stretch and reach, stand, walk, and rotate body.
- Job duties also require being able to occasionally lift/carry/push/pull lathe drivers and other items weighing approximately 5 to 25 pounds over 70% of the time.
- Lifting of items up to 50 pounds weight can be expected of the operator.
- Awkward positions are sometimes required when changing tools and tool bars.
- Must have good manual dexterity for CNC and manual equipment, for grasping and handling tools.
- Care should be taken when lifting, pushing, and pulling in awkward positions in order to avoid strains.
- Extra caution should be observed in order to avoid flying chips and sharp edges.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) of various types is needs per the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) throughout the work area.
- Safety shoes, safety glasses, respirator, earplugs, gloves, hard hat, apron, protective clothing and mask are needs in all production area.
- A respirator fit test, hearing and vision test may be needs.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.