Required Skills / Qualifications:
Must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance if one currently does not have a Secret or Top Secret
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant technical field
Min 2 years of experience of software development/engineering using C/C + + in a Lunux environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Proficiency developing and testing software in a Linux environment
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming and JAVA desirable
- Solid understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Use of software configuration management tools (examples: GIT, ClearCase, Mercurial, etc.)
- Documenting test results for corrective actions
- Interacting with databases (examples: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.)
- Writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, python, PERL, etc.)
- Experience with Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
This position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.