Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as Materials Handler
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Use of some judgment to comply and follow instructions and standard procedures for insuring proper placement for incoming and outgoing materials
- Has little responsibility for equipment used in this position which, under normal use and care, would not result in damages.
- Reports maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Works with parts and materials where inferior quality or defect would usually be detected quickly with minimal loss of material or rework time involved.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
- Care should be taken when operating the forklift, stacker cranes, and other lifting equipment.
- Safety features on the departmental equipment should preclude injury to others when operating that equipment. Inattention, thoughtlessness or careless operation of equipment or performance of duties may cause loss-time injuries to others.
- This position is responsible for own work and shift changeovers.
- Work is performed in the plant/production storage area and is frequently exposed to outside weather elements, noise, dust, fumes and vapors from the forklift and other heavy equipment, dirt, oil, and grease solvents, and also is frequently exposed to toxic waste hazards in large drums.
- Duties little mental or visual attention.
- Must have good manual dexterity for loading and unloading operations, and when using various hand tools.
- Must have normal or corrected vision, hearing, and the ability to smell in order to detect electrical or other hazards.
- When performing the duties of this position, must be able to occasionally lift/carry boxes, weighing approximately 20-50 pounds approximately 20% of the time.
- With lift assistance, must be able to push/pull buggy containing materials weighing approximately 300-500 pounds approximately 10% of the time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch and reach, stand, walk, and twist body in sitting and standing positions.
- Must have good manual dexterity for use of mechanical controls/devices, grasping and handling tools.
- Care should be taken when lifting, pushing, and pulling in awkward positions in order to avoid strains.
- Extra caution should be used when driving the forklift in order to avoid accidents.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.