Acara Solutions is partnered with Lam Research, a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry. Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices. Engineering Technicians play a vital role in the future of electronics.
This is a great opportunity to join Lam Research's Fremont, CA manufacturing (factory) operation in an exciting role using non-destructive testing (NDT) to test the operation of newly developed highly complex semiconductor equipment. If this sound interesting to you, come join us, hiring immediately.
Position: Engineering Technician
Functional area: Manufacturing
Company: Lam Research
Front End Day Shift - Sunday to Wednesday 5:00am to 4:00pm
Back End Day Shift - Wednesday to Saturday 5:00am to 4:00pm
Front End Swing Shift: - Sunday to Wednesday 4:30pm to 3:30am
Back End Swing Shift: - Wednesday to Saturday 4:30pm to 3:30am
*Swing Shift receives additional 10% Shift Differential Pay
Engineering Technician Job Duties:
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, such as building, testing and auditing a complete system
- Follow written build and test procedures and report a feedback to Engineering.
- Work with engineers to rework, set-up and test systems related to the production of systems, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
- Inspect capital equipment at the system, stand-alone and sub-assembly level
- Perform inspection at multiple phases; during assembly, post-assembly, during test, post-test, pre-shipping stages of manufacturing process and communicate with engineering and production managers on impact of defective material to schedule
- Write reports on defects generated during the build and test process
- Evaluation of defective parts, updating the problem and solution description on defective report, interfacing with technicians, engineers and production managers on quality defects.
- Works in an environment of continuous improvement of standards and processes
- Follows stringent safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment for workers and property
- Position requires attention to detail and excellent written and communication skills