Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 Years experience in designing mechanical parts (machined, sheet metal, molded) and mechanical assemblies.
- Minimum of 7 Years experience in working with machine shops and other part fabricators
- Minimum of 7 Years experience in Finite Element Modeling (structural, thermal, vibration, fluid dynamics).
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Proficiency with CAD software packages (solid modeling and detailed drawings), Creo
- Experience with documentation control systems, Agile and Windchill.
- Knowledge of GD&T and mechanical tolerance analysis.
- Familiarity with cooling systems, gas and vacuum fittings, bearings and mechanisms.
- Experience designing opto-mechanical parts and assemblies
- Familiarity with industrial lasers and semiconductor capital equipment
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
- Routinely needed to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally needed to move around the campus.
- Needed travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities needed by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- The employee occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule - twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
- The employee is occasionally needed to move around the campus.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will needed technical work activity in a clean-room production environment or laboratory setting.
- needed working with Excimer lasers in potentially noisy environments (requiring ear protection), potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).
- Be able to work in small, confined spaces.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.