Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with courses taken in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance; CPP.
- Minimum 5 years of -current- corporate payroll processing experience.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience within a medium to large size company with multi-state locations and high-volume processing.
- construction or field operations industry background experience.
- Ability to operate independently and earn the full confidence of senior management.
- knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as payroll and government reporting procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to effectively handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
- Understands the sense of urgency being in this type of role.
- Proficient in business systems applications such as MS Outlook, word, Excel, and payroll applications
- Excel experience is a MUST, including creating/running reports from scratch, able to manipulate payroll reports (pivot tables, v-lookups.)
- Previous Union experience is HIGHLY
- Certified payroll experience is HIGHLY
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Able to work in an office environment; this is not a remote position.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants, 401(k) accounts based on companys annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
- long-term tenure employment history
- Able to remain in a stationary position 80 percent of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, copy machine.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.