Required Skills / Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as Windows Application Engineer (remote)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing and configuring Windows applications using F5 BigIP application delivery services such as load balancing, advanced web application firewalls (AWAF), and access policy manager (APM)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in developing and implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to deploy infrastructure and applications using tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops, or Github Actions
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in creating, applying and troubleshooting TLS or SSL certificates for web servers, such as IIS, Tomcat, Apache, or nginx
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with access and authentication technologies, such as LDAP, SimpleSAML, or Kerberos
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in designing and implementing technologies following NIST standards, such as SP 800-53, SP 800-190, and SP 500-291
- Minimum of 5 years' scripting experience with Powershell, Python, Bash, Java, or Ruby
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in analyzing solutions components, understanding systems integration challenges, and identifying technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with infrastructure as code and automation/configuration management using either Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation or Chef, Puppet, and Ansible to define infrastructure standards and deploy services
- Experience with commonly used services, such as AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, and IAM
- Experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices and Docker containers
- Experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting applications on MS IIS v7.5, v8.5 and v10
- Experience managing and configuring content management systems, such as Moodle or Drupal 7.x & 8.x, and data visualization platforms, such as Tableau, or commercial software to support scientific research such as FreezerPro or REES Centron Presidio
- Able to clearly present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of DevOps
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- After hours and weekend work may occasionally be for pre-planned maintenance or for troubleshooting service-impacting outages.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.