Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Senior Machinist
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to setup and operate computer controlled equipment.
- Able to work and communicate as a member of a team.
- Be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) in English.
- Ability to convert weight and length units of measure such as inches to mm and pounds to grams.
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions for machine operation.
- Have math skills and basic computer skills.
- Able to use a calliper and micrometre for detailed part in-process measurements.
- Each operator is evaluated in many proficiency areas on the skills matrix every six months.
- Learning the basics on that skill and can assist others.
- Has been trained and is fully proficient to run simple jobs unassisted.
- Ability to run most jobs and train others.
- Ability to run any job and train others.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain work areas in a neat, orderly, and safe condition.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Excellent attendance, ability to work overtime, weekends, and off shifts as needed.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.