Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in hospital or healthcare maintaining medical equipment or managing a hospital medical equipment program
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts related to computer based medical systems, networking protocols, and information security as it applies to medical technology within VHA
- Demonstrated competency in the ability to conduct a medical equipment management program that is compliant with applicable healthcare standards and regulatory agencies
- Ability to develop a curriculum for a continuing education program that address the safe and effective use of medical technology
- Ability to manage a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device hazard investigations, to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and TJC requirements
- Ability to conduct capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment
- Ability to function as the subject matter expert in the field of biomedical engineering, directly supporting specialized clinical technology, including service, system administration, training, quality assurance, and life-cycle management
- Ability to effectively advise clinical and administrative staff on medical technology, including existing and emerging technology, which addresses viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, or safety; to apply project management principles to deployment of medical equipment and health information technologies.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating and working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including technical and professional staff at various levels of the organization.
- Understanding of regulatory agencies' requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.