Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in precision assembly.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience working with precision optical components.
- ESD experience.
- Experience in using electronic/pneumatic tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric or pneumatic tools.
- Be able to follow written assembly procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience with electro-optical or opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing.
- Ability to perform in-process quality inspections of components or full assemblies within the Manufacturing area(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General computer skills and knowledge.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers, and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
- Routinely to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is needed to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities needed by this job include close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Be willing to work a compressed work week schedule- twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This includes references today and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
- Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.