Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Design
- Minimum of 2 years' Experience with component design, including materials, structural analysis, and dynamics.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Master's degree in mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience designing gas turbine components and sub-systems.
- Experience with ANSYS finite element analysis.
- Familiarity using computer aided design tools such as Siemens NX.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and the creation of limit stacks.
- Programming skills such as Visual Basic, Python, PERL, C++ and computational tools such as Matlab.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment; willingness to accept responsibility and take initiative; and drive to finish assigned tasks on schedule.
- An excellent command of the English language for both written and oral communications.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen loymen the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.